- Winterize pipes when not in use.
- During the winter months, your furnace will be running and windows will be shut. So you need to install carbon monoxide detectors near your bedrooms.
- Be cautious when using portable heaters. Place them three feet away from anything flammable. Never leave them running when you are gone or asleep. Don’t let children or pets around the heaters, and never dry clothing or mittens on heaters.
Continue reading “Hot Tips For Winter”
IT’S YOUR POWER
A tradition of public power in Nebraska has brought real benefits to the state, including low-cost electricity, local control, and responsive customer service. In rural America of the early twentieth century, electricity was a scarce commodity.
Continue reading “Public Power In Nebraska”
What does this program do?
Provides guaranteed loan financing and grant funding to agricultural producers and rural small businesses to purchase or install renewable energy systems or make energy efficiency improvements.
Who may apply?
• Agricultural producers with at least 50% of gross income coming from agricultural operations, and
• Small businesses in eligible rural areas. (continue reading)